Subject: Suggestion - lets create a workflow and requirements model.

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:42:18 -0800

I know this WG hss done a huge amount of work in this effort but I think 
there is a simpler way to make everyone here happy.

What I propose that the most powerful process for resolving the language of 
the releases and licenses is to create models of the conveynce processes in 
a graphical manner and then enumerating all the stateful controls and 
mitigating controls in that workflow model. This will clearly define what 
rights and derivative capabilities are needed by the IETF and which are not.

So lets do that. How it works is that we create a Statement of what IP is 
required in the mechanics of the Standards Process, and then construct 
language to enable that and for people to use those Standards.

What I am betting is as I have said a number of times is that the IETF needs 
Republication Rights for the publishing of the ID's and RFC's and it also 
needs a Development License against the use of the standard to cover the 
implementation of the Proofing Instances of the Protocol or subject of the 
Standard.

Todd

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg