Subject: PRE8PROB BOF Minutes

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 03:54:32 -0400

The Pre8Prob minutes are now posted on the IETF 74 Proceedings 
page.  Please review them.

Russ

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 09:16:26 +1200

On 2009-05-06 19:54, Russ Housley wrote:
> The Pre8Prob minutes are now posted on the IETF 74 Proceedings page. 
> Please review them.

Only one comment. In the initial summary it says

"- Authors of new contributions SHOULD raise a flag when all of the text in their
  contribution did not come from them "

Actually, there is a very old requirement which 5378 continues
that contributions not from the named authors must (not should)
be acknowledged. I didn't hear a consensus in the BOF to change
that. Also, IMHO it's ethically the right thing to do.

The citations for this are section 5.6 (a) of RFC5378,
section 3.4 (a) of RFC3978 and RFC3667, and section 10.3.1 (4)
of RFC2026.

    Brian