Subject: Fwd: Proposed Editorial Change to the Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (TLP)

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:53:38 -0500

The IRTF and Independent Submission Streams have rejected the 
Simplified BSD License for their stream.  Instead, these streams are 
simply saying that the code is provided "as is".  Since these streams 
always allow derivative works with attribution, it applies to the 
text as well as any code.

Russ

>From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
>To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Proposed Editorial Change to the Legal Provisions Relating 
>to IETF Documents (TLP)
>Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 16:23:24 -0500
>Cc: [email-masked]
>
>Greetings;
>
>The Trustees are proposing a technical (editorial) change to the Legal
>Provisions Relating to IETF Documents effective September 12, 2009
>(TLP 3.0) revision 3.2.  This is notice of the technical change
>(revision 3.3) and in the Trust's opinion does not require a change to
>the ongoing review period ending on 27 December 2009.
>
>The change is based on the discussion following the request from the
>community initiated November 25 to review the license and copyright
>notice as it pertains to the Alternate Streams. The Trust review
>identified a need for the technical change to Section 6 as follows :
>
>a.  Section 6 Text To Be Included in IETF Documents.
>
>         1.  Add Section 6.b.ii Alternate Stream Documents Copyright and
>License Notice.   Similar to the IETF stream documents except it
>deletes the requirement that Code Components extracted from the
>document must include Simplified BSD License to conform to the request
>of the Alternate Stream Managers.
>
>The proposed revisions as TLP 3.3 are in rtf, pdf and doc formats and
>located at:  http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html under
>Draft Policies and Procedures for IETF Documents. There is also a 3.0
>diff file in doc and pdf formats at the same location.
>
>The discussion of these proposed changes is taking place on the TLP- 
>interest mailing list.  One may subscribe to the TLP mailing list 
>at:https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tlp-interest
>
>Regards, and thanks in advance,
>
>Marshall Eubanks
>IETF Trust Chair
>_______________________________________________
>IETF-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce