Subject: Software Library for programatic implementation of IPSec/IKE

From: "Mohammad Awad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:48:32 +0200

Hi all,
I'm trying to implement some of the IKE messages and Ipsec functions  
programatically, for research purposes. Is there available any ready 
software libraries for the core operations?, i.e. ready codes implementing 
the algorithms of authentication and encryption for IPsec/IKE messages?
Thank you v.much.

Mohammad Awad
Computer Engineering Dept,
Faculty of Engineering,
Ain Shams University.

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

---

From: "Ahmed Bin Abbas Ahmed Ali Adas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:42:51 +0300

Mr. Awad

First you must be an experienced C++ programmer, second you have to look all
the IETF drafts on IPSEC and IKE. As every vendor is trying to keep its
secrets away from customers

Regards

Ahmed Bin Abbas Ahmed Ali Adas
Professor of Computer Engineering
PH.D.E.E. The University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, USA.
M.Sc.E.E. The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, U.K.
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Kaau, P.O.Box. 35496
Jeddah 21488, AlHIJJAZ, Saudi Arabia.
e-mail: [email-masked]
vox. 966-5-4628251 mobile
vox. 966-2-6210008 villa
fax. 966-2-6242810 villa
vox. 966-2-6952813 EE Secretary
fax. 966-2-6401686 faculty

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:43:15 -0800

>secrets away from customers

Sorry, but this is simply not true. There are three well-known open 
source implementations of IKE and IPsec (KAME/*BSD, OpenBSD, and 
FreeSWAN/Linux), and probably a handful of lesser-known ones. Many 
IPsec VPN vendors have based their code on one or more these.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium