Subject: IPSec over GRE why ?

From: "Sandeep Sakhuja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:42:35 +0530

Hi

I am Sandeep. I am working on implementing IPSec lab. When implementing IPSec
across different routing domains we need to use GRE or IIPTran. My Question is
why do I have to use the same. IPSec does not support multicast packets that is
known, but then my interesting traffic which I need to be protected is not the
routing updates, so why do I have to use GRE ?

Thanks
- Sandeep

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 12:23:44 -0500

Why don't you ask the person who told you to use GRE?

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com