Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-ecnfix-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:37:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IKEv2: ECN Requirements for IPsec Tunnels
	Author(s)	: D. Black
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-ecnfix-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-2-19
	
IPsec (IP Security) tunnel encapsulation and decapsulation were 
specified prior to the addition of ECN (Explicit Congestion 
Notification) to IP, with the potential result that ECN congestion 
indications could be discarded by IPsec tunnel decapsulators.  The 
current ECN specification includes two ECN operating modes for 
IPsec tunnels to avoid this situation, and IKEv1/ISAKMP (Internet 
Key Exchange/Internet Security Association and Key Management 
Protocol) negotiation extensions to enable ECN to be used correctly 
with IPsec tunnels.  To simplify this situation, IKEv2 requires 
changes to tunnel decapsulation that prevent discarding of ECN 
congestion indication, obviating the need for multiple ECN 
operating modes and associated negotiation support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-ecnfix-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-ecnfix-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-ecnfix-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.