Subject: a few nits on pure modecfgv2

From: Gregory Lebovitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:12:36 -0800

NITS...

I don't think that doing static assignment of v6 addressing the modecfg2 (or
1) way will really work in a genuine v6 environment. Client will likely need
either DHCP6 through Modecfg2, or ability to essentially take a router
advertisement type message. At least this makes more sense for genuine v6
interfaces/stacks that exist today.

BTW, DHCP6 is just getting legs. 

Likewise, Internal_IP6_SUBNET will look something more like Path Delegation.
Which, by the way, will likely occur through DHCP6 too.

Last, is it worth renaming the INTERNAL_[IP4 | IP6]_NBNS values to
INTERNAL_[IP4 | IP6]_WINS, as "WINS" is how most people normally refer to
it?

!! NETSCREEN IS MOVING !! 
New Contact Info starting 2/10:
805 11th Ave, Bldg 3
Sunnyvale, CA  94089
408.543.8002 

+*******************++********************+
Gregory M. Lebovitz
Staff Architect, CTO Office
NetScreen Technologies, Inc.
Ph:   408.730.6002
E:     [email-masked]
Pg:   [email-masked]
NASDAQ:  NSCN
+*******************++********************+