Subject: About H.323 interoperating with ss7

From: Guocai Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:14:37 +0800

Hi, 

       Who can tell me how H.323 network interoperating with SS7 network ?
it maybe important to support supplementary services and one stage dial.

      Thanks.
---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:01:54 -0700

>it maybe important to support supplementary services and one stage dial.

We are working on this issue in various standards bodies including the
IETF, ITU-T, ETSI and other forums. IETF drafts include:

draft-greene-ss7-arch-frame-00.txt
draft-ong-rsgp-ss7-info-00.txt
draft-huitema-sgcp-v1-02.txt
draft-taylor-ipdc-00.txt
draft-elliott-ipdc-media-00.txt
draft-dugan-ipdc-connection-00.txt
draft-bell-ipdc-signaling-00.txt
draft-pickett-ipdc-management-00.txt

And I'm sure we will see more before the next IETF meeting. We may see some
new IETF working groups on this topic by then as well.

---------

---

From: Ami Amir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:22:46 -0400

Hi

At the last SG 16 H.323 meeting in Geneva - the IPDC documents were submitted -
and based on those inputs and discussions during the meeting, it was agreed
that a "work item" be created around the concept that gateways may be
decomposed inot two elements - High Level Control, and an assembly of media
gateways with "Low Level Control".

The concept was driven in part by the realization that in public network, SS7
or similar non-associated signaling networks, there is a need to provide a
solution where the SS7 like signaling will interface to the High Level Gateway
Control, which will then - via a high level to low level protocol - control the
media streams and gateway connections.

The plan is to work on this work item before and during the next meeting
(scheduled for November in Torino, Italy).

Ami

Matt Holdrege wrote:

> > ----------
> > From:         Matt Holdrege[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> > Sent:         Wednesday, September 30, 1998 1:01:54 PM
> > To:   Guocai Deng
> > Cc:   [email-masked]
> > Subject:      Re: About H.323 interoperating with ss7
> > Auto forwarded by a Rule
> >

---------