Subject: RE: about Inter-gatekeeper operation

From: Guocai Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:04:29 +0800

Douglas Clowes Wrote:
	> To put it differently, I see the Location Server being co-resident
with a
	> Back-End-Server that (logically) provides other services, such as
	> authentication, authorisation, usage-recording and
call-accounting. Your
	> view may differ.

	I am thinking of what should be the structure of an ITSP/IFSP which
cover a country and connected to international ITSPs/IFSPs.
	It seems we need three logical parts. the first is the Phone
Directory Services Networks(PDSN), the second is the call process
network(CPN) which would mainly consisted of gatekeeper(gatekeeper routed
call model is the most popluar),the third is the voice channel network(VCN).
for PDSN, one of the main purposes is offer Location Service, PDSN may be
operated by some other ISPs, many value-added service maybe constructed by
PDSN ISPs, such as Group PDS Service, Personal PDS services etc. CPN's
logical structure need to deal with the legacy PSTN E.164 address plan, so
constructed as some levels, and CPN offe some interfaces to authentication,
call-accounting, etc. CPN also offer some value-added service such as
private number plan for groups. VCN in which we must deal with the stream
to/from PSTN, and consider the QoS of transport networks.

	I also note that Douglas come from ozemail, i am interesting to
learn personally some IP Phone/Fax real case study of ozemail if it is
possible.

	Thanks.
---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.