Subject: Updated draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:11:33 -0500

Folks,

I've just submitted an updated framework document to the archives. Until
it appears, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/papers/draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-01.txt

The document incorporates the decisions reached at the last IETF
meeting. It also includes some consensus from the list afterwards
(namely, that a location server and gatekeeper/SIP server need not be
coresident). Theres still a bunch of open issues. The main ones are
aggregation, attributes, and what Christian called path qualification.
I'd like to hear discussion on these, and comments on the draft in
general.

I'd also like to incorporate comments from the list between now and the
meeting and submit another update before the Nov 18th draft deadline.
We'll then have a chance at 1 more revision after the meeting if we want
to meet the Jan 99 deadline for last call for the framework.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen
---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.