Subject: Re: some questions re draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-04.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:15:47 -0500

Matt Squire wrote:
> 
> 
> It seems a very unlikely policy to accept information from people that you
> don't know, given that this can cause you to redirect your clients to bad
> places.  If you believe that you won't be accepting routing data from
> strangers, then LS to LS discovery isn't needed.
> 
> One could have methods to locate specific LSs given some other criteria (ie
> given the domain, find their LS via DNS or something).  If this is what you
> mean, then I'm in complete agreement.  But if you mean something more
> general, I question the utility.

Fortunately, we don't have to make a decision on this. The framework
document covers broad usage scenarios of TRIP. Its easy enough to
mention it, perhaps even with caveats, since nothing mandates it and it
doesn't mean we are going to develop it.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.