Subject: Re:

From: "Reinaldo Penno" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:09:42 -0500

> I think all we need to do is to add wording to the effect that the
> MultiExitDisc parameter can be included by an LS when it inserts itself as
> the next hop, and that the MultiExitDisc parameter should be used by *any*
> receiver to discriminate between multiple routes to a particular
> destination thru the same first hop domain.  
> 

Just a quick tought: If MED is going to be passed (inserted) by NEXT HOP
Servers in different ITADs, shouldn't be some cooperation
between these Servers, so a Server in some ITAD  does not put a huge or
low (any value indeed) that could mess with my routing?

Anyway, this is a really quick tought , have to spend a little more time
on this to get the whole picture.

Reinaldo

---

From: "Hussein F. Salama" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:29:36 -0800

> Reinaldo Penno wrote:

There should be cooperation between the different LS in the same ITAD,
since MED (at least the standard version) is only used to differentiate
between routes coming from the same ITAD.

Hussein

-- 
Hussein F. Salama
Cisco Systems
Mail Stop SJC6/3, 170 W. Tasman Drive, San Jose, CA 95134
Voice: +1 (408) 527-7147, Fax: +1 (408) 527-1714

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.