Subject: [Iptel] 2806bis open issues

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:10:31 -0500

The main open issue is the identification of the local dialing plan. The 
draft currently offers two approaches. I don't think the approaches are 
contentious, but the amount of specificity required needs to be nailed 
down. Should the identifier algorithm be more or less guaranteed to 
yield a unique identifier if two people choose one independently? If so, 
is there an algorithm for doing so?

Another open issue is the use of freephone (800) numbers. According to 
the rules, they are local, but I suspect that usage such as

tel:+1-800-555-1212

will be quite common.

A final open issue is the interoperability matrix. According to my 
recollection, the desired status of 2806bis was Draft. Indications as to 
whether there are implementations of the phone-context, in particular, 
would be very valuable. Without that, it's another round in purgatory (I 
mean, Proposed).

Please let me know if I forgot any additional issues that would benefit 
from discussion.

I'm hoping that we can reach WGLC shortly after IETF 55.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel