Subject: [Iptel] comments on draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-02.txt

From: "Juha Heinanen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:45:12 +0200 (EET)

i also started to read "New Parameters for the "tel" URI to Support Number
Portability" draft, but didn't get all the way through.  the reason was
that i got pissed off by the narrow scope of "number portability" in the
draft.

why does it only deal with number portability related to "geographical
telephone numbers and freephone numbers"?  also mobile numbers and 700
numbers can and are heavily ported all over the world.  in some countries
it is also possible to port either a landline or mobile phone number to
internet.  why can't there be a general number portability indication
mechanish covering any kind of number portability?

i vote for junking this draft until it covers any kind of number
portability.   i get a feeling that this draft tries to solve some narrow
problem that the author or his company has.   at minimum, its name must be
changed because it is highly misleading.

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel