Subject: [Fwd: RE: 499 patent review]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:50:03 +0100

This is a note from Microsoft following their analysis of the
third party IPR disclosure at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_detail_show.cgi?&ipr_id=652

    Brian Carpenter
    IETF Chair

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: 499 patent review
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:58:20 -0800
From: John Calhoon (LCA) <[email-masked]>
To: Contreras, Jorge <[email-masked]>
CC: Dan Christen (LCA) <[email-masked]>,   Jim Markwith (LCA) <[email-masked]>,   Peggy Moloney (LCA) 
<[email-masked]>,   Tom Robertson (LCA) <[email-masked]>,   Amy Marasco (LCA) <[email-masked]>, 
Jason Matusow <[email-masked]>,   Brian E. Carpenter (E-mail 2) <[email-masked]>,   Bernard Aboba 
<[email-masked]>

Jorge,

After extensive review by our technical experts, Microsoft does not
believe that the 499 patent includes any claims which cover RFC 2462 or
RFC 2464

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

John Calhoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------