Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-03.txt

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:00:21 -0700

(Cross-posting since this discussion may have implications
across several INT-area WGs, including the operating model
for IPv6 nodes. Suggest sending replies to INT area list
for further discussion.)

This document proposes a protocol solution to the Network
Localized Mobility Management (NETLMM) problem space using
standard mechanisms of DHCP. Both IPv4 and IPv6 are supported.

For IPv6, this document specifies a DHCPv6 version of the
RFC3442 DHCPv4 Classless Static Route (CSR) option. This
document updates RFC3442.

For IPv4, this document specifies a DHCPv4 version of the
DHCPv6 Reconfigure Message option for use with the RFC3203
DHCPv4 FORCERENEW message. It also specifies the behavior
of a DHCPv4 client on link change to send an immediate
DHCPREQUEST according to the REBINDING state instead of the
RENEWING state, i.e., the DHCPv4 client mirrors the behavior
of the DHCPv6 client on link change. This document updates
RFC3203 and RFC2131.

This document supports address configuration and prefix
delegation for Mobile Nodes (MNs) that configure a DHCPv6
client in NETLMM domains. It can be optionally extended to
support MNs that only use RFC2462 StateLess Address Auto
Configuration (SLAAC) by having the AR act as a proxy DHCPv6
client on behalf of the MN and adding an opaque data field
and operation code to the DHCPv6 CSR option for proxy DAD.    

Fred L. Templin
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-03.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Network Localized Mobility Management using
DHCP
	Author(s)	: F. Templin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-03.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-9-26
	
Mobile nodes require a means to automatically configure globally
   routable IP addresses/prefixes that remain stable across localized
   mobility events.  This document specifies mechanisms for network
   localized mobility management (NETLMM) using the Dynamic Host
   Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  Solutions for both IPv4 and IPv6 are
   given.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-0
3.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------