Subject: v4v6 coexistence reading list for IETF73

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:01:38 -0500

more for my own purposes reading through the alternative drafts, however 
this may be of use to those interested in current work in IPv4-IPv6 
coexistence tools. The work is going on in 3 working groups and some 
drafts will be on on each agenda (some I am guessing will be) are in 
bold. There will also be some general discussion in the intarea meeting. 
The drafts in italic may be obsolete, either merged into other work or 
dropped. And don't forget the paper presented by Randy Bush on Address 
Plus Port 
<https://mice.cs.columbia.edu/getTechreport.php?techreportID=560> that 
may become a draft.

I did not include some related work on tunneling, that maybe should be.
Please comment if I have missed any drafts, or mis-characterized any of 
these as to WG, status or category. Or any other suggestions to make it 
more useful.

v6ops WG

Behave WG

Softwires WG

Other or unspecified WG

Framework, scenarios, comparison

*Draft-baker-behave-v4v6-framework*

Draft-arkko-townsley-coexistence

Draft-wing-nat-pt-replacement-comparison

Draft-despres-sam-scenarios

Problem Statements, requirements

*Draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-pb-statement-req*

Draft-miyata-behave-prefix64

Draft-jennings-behave-nat6

	

Solutions

/Draft-despres-v6ops-apbp/

*draft-baker-behave-v4v6-translation*

*Draft-durand-softwire-dual-stack-lite*

Draft-despres-sam

*draft-bagnulo-behave-dns64*

*draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64*

Draft-baker-behave-ivi
/Draft-xli-behave-ivi/

*draft-vogt-durand-virtual-ip6-connectivity*

“helpers”

*Draft-denis-behave-v4v6exthdr*

Ed Jankiewicz - SRI International
Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research 
Supporting DISA Standards Engineering Branch
732-389-1003 or  [email-masked] 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Eric Klein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:36:23 +0200

Ed,

Thank you for this it will be very helpful in several arenas I know that
several non-IETF technical groups are looking at how to implement
coexistence in their technologies.

Eric

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>wrote:

> coexistence tools. The work is going on in 3 working groups and some drafts
> will be on on each agenda (some I am guessing will be) are in bold. There
> will also be some general discussion in the intarea meeting. The drafts in
> italic may be obsolete, either merged into other work or dropped. And don't
> forget the paper presented by Randy Bush on Address Plus Port <
> https://mice.cs.columbia.edu/getTechreport.php?techreportID=560> that may
> become a draft.
>
> these as to WG, status or category. Or any other suggestions to make it more
> useful.
>
>
>
> v6ops WG
>
>
>
> Behave WG
>
>
>
> Softwires WG
>
>
>
> Other or unspecified WG
>
> "helpers"
> Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research Supporting DISA Standards
> Engineering Branch
> _______________________________________________
> Behave mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave
>
>

---

From: Rémi Després <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:39:03 +0100

Ed Jankiewicz   (1-12/1-31/200x) 11/13/08 12:01 AM:

more for my
own purposes reading through the alternative drafts, however this may
be of use to those interested in current work in IPv4-IPv6 coexistence
tools. The work is going on in 3 working groups and some drafts will be
on on each agenda (some I am guessing will be) are in bold. There will
also be some general discussion in the intarea meeting. The drafts in
italic may be obsolete, either merged into other work or dropped. And
don't forget the paper presented by Randy Bush on Address Plus Port
<https://mice.cs.columbia.edu/getTechreport.php?techreportID=560>
that may become a draft.

Thanks for the list, and the opportunity to update it.

1) Draft-despres-sam-scenarios is now obsolete

2) The right document on SAM is draft-despres-sam-01

- Its sections on Problem Statement and SAM Specification are IMO very
relevant.

- Its section on Application Examples is unfortunately still seriously
bugged (rather than going through the details, waiting for the slides
under preparation is advisable).

o Port-range and privacy-protection aspects or the draft are planned
for presentation in Behave

o Address-mapping and encapsulation aspects are expected to be planned
for presentation in Softwire.

Regards,

RD

v6ops WG

Behave WG

Softwires WG

Other or unspecified WG

Solutions

Draft-despres-sam

Draft-baker-behave-ivi

/Draft-xli-behave-ivi/

“helpers”