Subject: HITB2009 - Dubai: Conference Agenda & Noteworthy Presentations

From: Praburaajan Selvarajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 08:46:59 +0800

The agenda for HITBSecConf2009 - Dubai is now online along with details
on both the conference keynote sessions. There are still another 4 more
weeks to grab your seats to the GCC's premier network security event!

Keynote 1 - Philippe Langlois (Founder, Qualys / Intrinsec / TSTF)
"From Hacking, Startups to HackLabs: Global Perspective and New Fields"

Keynote 2 - Mark Curphey (Director CISG, Microsoft Corp)
"Security Cogs and Levers"

Other noteworthy papers:

# Cross Domain Leakiness: Divulging Sensitive Information and Attacking
SSL Sessions - Chris Evans and Billy Rios

# VBootKit 2.0 - Attacking Windows 7 via Boot Sectors - Vipin & Nitin Kumar

# The Reverse Engineering Intermediate Language REIL and its
Applications - Sebastian Porst

# Pickpocketing mWallets: A Guide to Looting Mobile Financial Services -
The Grugq

# Psychotronica: Exposure, Control, and Deceit - Nitesh Dhanjani

# NKill - The Internet Killboard - Anthony 'kugutsumen' Zboralski

This is a new tool which gives  attackers the ability to discover
interesting relationships between seemingly unrelated hosts and
companies and to pull vulnerable hosts for a specific domain, company or
even an entire country!

===

Conference Agenda:
http://conference.hackinthebox.org/hitbsecconf2009dubai/agenda.htm

===

On a related note, the conference videos from HITB2007 Malaysia that
were previously available only through Bit Torrent are now available for
streaming direct from Google Video:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=HITBSecConf2007&emb=0&aq=f#q=HITBSecConf2007+Malaysia