Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-6man-dns-options-bis-00.txt

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 09:13:25 -0400

All,
     This draft is the result of the constructive discussion in Anaheim
on moving RFC 5006 (DNS option for RAs) to the standards track.  Please
review this document and provide feedback to the list.

Regards,
Brian

On 4/7/10 6:15 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> 	Title		: IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for DNS Configuration RFC 5006-bis
> 
> 	Author(s)	: J. Jeong, L. Beloeil, S. Madanapalli, S. Park
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-6man-dns-options-bis-00.txt
> 	Pages		: 16
> 	Date		: 2010-4-5
> 	
>    This document specifies IPv6 Router Advertisement options to allow
>    IPv6 routers to advertise a list of DNS recursive server addresses
>    and a DNS search list to IPv6 hosts.
> 
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-dns-options-bis-00.txt
>

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 06:50:07 +0300 (EEST)

> review this document and provide feedback to the list.

Hopefully the next revision will include the required "Changes from 
RFC5006" section. Quickly looking, the main difference seems to be the 
addition of DNS search list option. (Has it been implemented?)

> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:06:08 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Pekka Savola wrote:
> Hopefully the next revision will include the required "Changes from RFC5006" 
> section. Quickly looking, the main difference seems to be the addition of DNS 
> search list option. (Has it been implemented?)

This is still missing in -01.