Subject: draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-05

From: Shane Amante <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:50:06 +0200

Hi,

Is there a reason why this node requirements doc doesn't mention that node's SHOULD (ideally, MUST) implement IPv6 flow-labels?  Perhaps this might break the logjam and get host's to implement flow-labels, (or, one can hope).

Thanks,

-shane

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:27:20 +1200

Hi Shane,

My concern is that RFC 3697 isn't quite clear enough about the recommended
value of the flow label. If the WG is willing to adopt one of the two
directions outlined in your slides, we'd have enough clarity about the
requirement to include it.

Until we do that, of course, we are simply wasting 20 bits per packet.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

On 2010-07-28 03:50, Shane Amante wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>