Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-07.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 09:34:17 -0300

Folks,

We have posted a revision of the rfc4941bis draft. The diff from the 
previous rev can be found here:
https://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06.txt&url2=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-07.txt

This rev incorporates the following changes, as discussed on this 
mailing list:

* It reduces the default "Valid Lifetime" from 7 days to two days, thus 
reducing the typical number of concurrent temporary addresses from 7 to 2.

* It summarizes the important changes from RFC4941 (in Section 5), and 
provides a rationale for them.

* It fixes editorial issues (typos, writeos, and acronym expansions)

I personally believe this version should be ready to ship.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-07.txt
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:26:28 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Thomas Narten 
<[email-masked]>, Richard Draves <[email-masked]>, Suresh 
Krishnan <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis
Revision:	07
Title:		Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
Document date:	2020-02-26
Group:		6man
Pages:		22
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-07.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-07
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-07

Abstract:
    Nodes use IPv6 stateless address autoconfiguration to generate
    addresses using a combination of locally available information and
    information advertised by routers.  Addresses are formed by combining
    network prefixes with an interface identifier.  This document
    describes an extension that causes nodes to generate global scope
    addresses with randomized interface identifiers that change over
    time.  Changing global scope addresses over time makes it more
    difficult for eavesdroppers and other information collectors to
    identify when different addresses used in different transactions
    correspond to the same node.  This document obsoletes RFC4941.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat