Subject: [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC8200 (5506)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 06:19:35 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC8200, "Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5506

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: jiangmaoyong <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-09-27
Held by: Suresh Krishnan (IESG)

Section: Appendix B.

Original Text
-------------
      -  Updated the Fragmentation header text to correct the inclusion
         of an Authentication Header (AH) and noted No Next Header case.

Corrected Text
--------------
      -  Updated the Fragmentation header text to correct the inclusion
         the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)  and noted No Next 
         Header case.

Notes
-----
The Extension headers are all other extension headers that are not
      included in the Per-Fragment headers part of the packet.  For this
      purpose, the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) is not
      considered an extension header.  The Upper-Layer header is the
      first upper-layer header that is not an IPv6 extension header.
      Examples of upper-layer headers include TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6,
      ICMPv6, and as noted ESP.

      The Fragmentable Part consists of the rest of the packet after the
      upper-layer header or after any header (i.e., initial IPv6 header
      or extension header) that contains a Next Header value of No Next
      Header.

--------------------------------------
RFC8200 (draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification
Publication Date    : July 2017
Author(s)           : S. Deering, R. Hinden
Category            : INTERNET STANDARD
Source              : IPv6 Maintenance
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG