Subject: Revision of rfc4941bis (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:09:12 -0300

Folks,

I've posted a rev, mostly meant to address the WG chair's review.

The rev is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06.txt

And the diff is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-05.txt&url2=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06.txt

Note: The changes are small, but since some text has been moved around,
it may look as new, while it actually isn't.

Please review and let me know if there's anything that may be improved.

I will raise a few issues in separate emails, which might lead to
another rev before the document is shipped.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06.txt
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 23:56:16 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Suresh Krishnan
<[email-masked]>, Richard Draves <[email-masked]>,
Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis
Revision:	06
Title:		Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
Document date:	2020-02-09
Group:		6man
Pages:		22
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-06

Abstract:
   Nodes use IPv6 stateless address autoconfiguration to generate
   addresses using a combination of locally available information and
   information advertised by routers.  Addresses are formed by combining
   network prefixes with an interface identifier.  This document
   describes an extension that causes nodes to generate global scope
   addresses with randomized interface identifiers that change over
   time.  Changing global scope addresses over time makes it more
   difficult for eavesdroppers and other information collectors to
   identify when different addresses used in different transactions
   correspond to the same node.  This document obsoletes RFC4941.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat