Subject: 4941bis further comments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 09:31:36 +0100

All,

I created a new pull request for 4941bis:

Changed title.
Cleaned up language.
Removed section ending with suggesting temporary addresses in DNS
Clarified default use of temporary addresses
Added a todo section to securirty considerations.

Please review and comment:
https://github.com/ietf-6man/4941bis/pull/4
https://github.com/ietf-6man/4941bis/pull/4/commits/acad3394558e57dabf7d74da6b39c741275c8620

Cheers,
Ole

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 15:30:45 -0300

Hi, Ole,

> https://github.com/ietf-6man/4941bis/pull/4/commits/acad3394558e57dabf7d74da6b39c741275c8620

As noted both off-list and on github, I believe some of the changes you 
are suggested go against the text we agreed upon on the mailing list.

Since we had stand-alone threads to agree on these topics, I'm not sure 
what's the prupose of re-hashing the same discussions...

Thanks,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 15:34:10 -0300

> https://github.com/ietf-6man/4941bis/pull/4/commits/acad3394558e57dabf7d74da6b39c741275c8620

As an author, I'd say that, if anything, gihub is only of help if any 
change proposals are done on individual commits and pull requests. 
Otherwise, rather than helping, github seems to get in the way:

* For applying the changes, because it's a "all or nothing" about a 
large number of unrelated changes

* For participants, because they cannot work off-line anymore.

Thanks,