Subject: Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 14:57:37 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my Discuss and Comment points!

I suggest to additionally apply Alissa's suggestion in Section 1.1:

OLD:
   Per [RFC8200], except for Hop by Hop options, extension headers are
   not examined or processed by intermediate nodes.  Many intermediate
   nodes, however, do examine extension headers for various purposes.

NEW:
   Per [RFC8200], except for Hop by Hop options, extension headers are
   not examined or processed by intermediate nodes.  However, in deployed
   networks many intermediate nodes do examine extension headers for
   various purposes.