Subject: Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-07: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 09:15:20 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-07: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The intended status needs to be changed to Proposed Standard before approval.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please incorporate the edits from the Gen-ART review.

== Section 1.1 ==

"Per [RFC8200], except for Hop by Hop options, extension headers are
   not examined or processed by intermediate nodes. Many intermediate
   nodes, however, do examine extension header for various purposes."

This is slightly confusing. I think it would be better to say:

"Per [RFC8200], except for Hop by Hop options, extension headers are
   not examined or processed by intermediate nodes. However, in deployed
   networks many intermediate nodes do examine extension headers for various
   purposes."