Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 22:55:41 -0300

Folks (wg and chairs),

We have published a revision of our draft, based on on- and off-list 
feedback.

At this point, we as authors believe that our document is in shape for 
the wg to consider adoption.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05.txt
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 18:53:16 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Jan Zorz <[email-masked]>, 
Richard Patterson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum
Revision:	05
Title:		Improving the Robustness of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration 
(SLAAC) to Flash Renumbering Events
Document date:	2020-03-22
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		27
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05

Abstract:
    In renumbering scenarios where an IPv6 prefix suddenly becomes
    invalid, hosts on the local network will continue using stale
    prefixes for an unacceptably long period of time, thus resulting in
    connectivity problems.  This document improves the reaction of IPv6
    Stateless Address Autoconfiguration to such renumbering scenarios.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 23:03:46 -0300

Folks,

FWIW, other than miscellaneous editorial changes, this latest rev 
incorporates the following changes/improvements:

1) Deprecating of prefixes is unfolded for GUAs and ULAs (thanks to 
Philip for proposing this!)

2) We've added "Appendix A.  Currently-Implemented Improvements to the 
Reaction of SLAAC to Renumbering Events", which documents some things 
SLAAC implemetnations have been doing to try to improve the reaction to 
renumbering events.

The diff from the previous rev is available at: 
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05.txt

As always, comments are welcome.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando

On 22/3/20 22:53, [email-masked] wrote:
> Title:		Improving the Robustness of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Flash Renumbering Events
> URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05.txt
> Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum/
> Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum
> Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-05
> 
> Abstract:

-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492