Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 20:48:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ICMPv6 errors for discarding packets due to processing limits
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-08.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-03-18

Abstract:
   Network nodes may discard packets if they are unable to process
   protocol headers of packets due to processing constraints or limits.
   When such packets are dropped, the sender receives no indication so
   it cannot take action to address the cause of discarded packets.
   This specification defines several new ICMPv6 errors that can be sent
   by a node that discards packets because it is unable to process the
   protocol headers.  A node that receives such an ICMPv6 error may use
   the information to diagnose packet loss and may modify what it sends
   in future packets to avoid subsequent packet discards.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/