Subject: [ire] Registration Operations Mail List

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:10:22 -0700

As an outcome of a meeting of approximately 40 registration operators 
on March 24, 2010 (coincident with IETF 77) a new mail list has been 
established for the discussion of Internet Registration Operations 
activities.

The kinds of operators that may be interested in the discussions on 
this list include:

    Regional Internet Registries
    Domain Name registries (such as gTLD , ccTLD)
    Registrars
    Resellers of domain names
    National Internet Registries
    Local Internet Registries (including Internet Service Providers)
    Managed DNS service operators
    and possibly others

Examples of acceptable topics for the list:

    Transfer of DNSSEC (and DNS) parameters into registries
    Determining means to measure registration-related performance
    Issues with provisioning protocols, including EPP extensions
    Directory Inspection (aka WhoIs) methods
    Escrow policies (*)
    Discussion of threats involving the registration system

Although these registration services involve the operations of DNS, this list
is not intended to be a primary discussion venue for the DNS even if DNS
is a common theme.

The discussion on the list is considered public and will encourage 
the development of work efforts directed towards the IETF when 
appropriate and/or other organizations.

Oh, the name of the list is [email-masked]
Subscription address: [email-masked]

Please allow some time for discussion to begin.

* - There is an active effort to establish IETF work on escrow on [email-masked].
(I.e., "this" list.)
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis
NeuStar                    You can leave a voice message at +1-571-434-5468

As with IPv6, the problem with the deployment of frictionless surfaces is
that they're not getting traction.