Subject: [irs-discuss] New Non-WG Mailing List: irs-discuss -- Interface to The Internet Routing System (IRS)

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:45:29 -0700

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/irs-discuss/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irs-discuss

Purpose: This list is for the discussion of an interface to the routing 
system (IRS) that allows applications to rapidly and dynamically install 
routing state into routers, and to learn sufficient information from 
routers to make timely, data-based decisions about what routing state to 
specify. Such an interface would facilitate control and diagnosis of the 
routing infrastructure, as well as enabling sophisticated applications 
to be built on top of today's routed networks. The IRS is conceived as a 
programmatic, streaming interface for transferring state into and out of 
the Internet's routing system, recognizing that the routing system and a 
router's OS provide useful mechanisms that applications could harness to 
accomplish application-level goals. A fundamental component of the IRS 
is a clear data model that defines the semantics of the information that 
can be written and read. 

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.