Subject: [irs-discuss] Use Cases Draft First Cut

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:37:30 -0400

Y'all:

Last night I published a new draft on use cases for IRS. Please read and
send comments!

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-irs-use-case/

Several points to consider:

1. I've left all references out at the moment. I suspect this text is
going to be changing a good bit; putting references in at this early of
a stage invites reference mismatches through major text revisions.

2. I've left out a couple of suggested use cases. I think we need to
focus on use cases that reach beyond currently available mechanisms, and
show interaction between multiple pieces of an overall system.

3. I've worded some summary points in requirements language,
specifically using SHOULD in a couple of places. We need to think about
whether or not these types of references are "proper" in a use cases
draft of this sort.

4. The text is probably still rough around the edges --I've focused more
on the justification for the work in the introduction than on the actual
text of the use cases. I'm certain the text in the actual use cases will
harden as we get comments and edit those sections.

Again, please read and make comments!

Russ

-- 
<><
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: Bruno Rijsman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:47:21 -0400

Hi Russ,

Please find my comments on the draft in the attached text file.

-- Bruno

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Russ White
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [irs-discuss] Use Cases Draft First Cut

Y'all:

Last night I published a new draft on use cases for IRS. Please read and send comments!

1. I've left all references out at the moment. I suspect this text is going to be changing a good bit; putting references in at this early of a stage invites reference mismatches through major text revisions.

2. I've left out a couple of suggested use cases. I think we need to focus on use cases that reach beyond currently available mechanisms, and show interaction between multiple pieces of an overall system.

3. I've worded some summary points in requirements language, specifically using SHOULD in a couple of places. We need to think about whether or not these types of references are "proper" in a use cases draft of this sort.

4. The text is probably still rough around the edges --I've focused more on the justification for the work in the introduction than on the actual text of the use cases. I'm certain the text in the actual use cases will harden as we get comments and edit those sections.

Russ

--
<><
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
irs-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irs-discuss

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:32:27 +0200

Hi Russ,

The draft is interesting and IMO, I cannot give any feedback if there
are references but not shown. I suggest that at least [1-5] references
that you see is the most important for the draft to be given on the
list.

AB
----

---

From: Aldrin Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:29:34 -0400

Lucy, could we organize the use cases draft in a manner similar to the
presentation?  I.e. Use case categories under which would be use case
requirements and their examples and associated discussion?

---

From: Aldrin Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:30:39 -0400

Please ignore my last gmail blunder.