Subject: [irs-discuss] New Version Notification for draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00.txt

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:18:48 -0400

We have just submitted a new draft about IRS; this is focused on the implicit and explicit policy related to the desired behavior for IRS - and briefly discusses policy considerations for the various sub-interfaces/data-models needed by IRS.

Please let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Alia

-----Original Message-----

A new version of I-D, draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alia Atlas and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A Policy Framework for the Interface to the Routing System
Creation date:	 2012-09-11
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 19
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00

Abstract:
   A key aspect of the Interface to the Routing System (IRS) is what
   mechanisms it includes to carry policy information and to enable
   policy control.  This applies both in the protocol itself and in the
   sub-interfaces associated with the different components of the
   routing system.  Similarly, the data-models associated with the sub-
   interfaces must be capable of expressing the appropriate granularity
   for access and authorization-related policy.  This document describes
   the policy framework for IRS.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Flinck, Hannu (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:06:18 +0300

I must be missing something but where are the IRS sub-interfaces
defined?
Your draft says:

" Since IRS provides sub-interfaces to routing sub-systems that already
have policy defined (implicitly
   or explicitly), it is important to consider the existing policy
   mechanisms and how an IRS sub-interface should interact with them."

I checked the framework draft but could not find the definition.

- Hannu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of ext Alia Atlas
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [irs-discuss] New Version Notification
fordraft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00.txt

We have just submitted a new draft about IRS; this is focused on the
implicit and explicit policy related to the desired behavior for IRS -
and briefly discusses policy considerations for the various
sub-interfaces/data-models needed by IRS.

Thanks,
Alia

-----Original Message-----

A new version of I-D, draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alia Atlas and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A Policy Framework for the Interface to the Routing
System
Creation date:	 2012-09-11
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 19
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00.
txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
irs-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irs-discuss

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:47:25 -0400

Hi Hannu,

In Sec 4 of draft-ward-irs-framework-00, there are different
interfaces described.  These are the sub-interfaces intended.
Clearly, cleaning up some terminology and focusing on consistency is
important.

Any other thoughts or comments?

Alia

---

From: Bruno Rijsman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:50:26 -0400

Hi Alia,

I believe that "services" is the more common word for what you call "sub-interfaces"

-- Bruno

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alia Atlas
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:47 PM
To: Flinck, Hannu (NSN - FI/Espoo)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [irs-discuss] New Version Notification fordraft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00.txt

Hi Hannu,

In Sec 4 of draft-ward-irs-framework-00, there are different interfaces described.  These are the sub-interfaces intended.
Clearly, cleaning up some terminology and focusing on consistency is important.

Alia

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Flinck, Hannu (NSN - FI/Espoo) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> " Since IRS provides sub-interfaces to routing sub-systems that 
> already have policy defined (implicitly