Subject: [IRTF-Announce] ASRG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:12:48 -0400

Anti-Spam Research Group Report
August 2005

The ASRG has continued to run at a very low level.

We have one new subgroup called bodysig (probably not the best name), to
evaluate how well various DKIM-style message canonicalization techniques
survive passing through actual MTAs.  I'm chairing it for now, have gotten
significant interest, and will try to pass leadership of it to someone
with more time than I have.

Other subgroups are still open, but there's very little traffic.  People
keep telling me that they have stuff for other groups, but the traffic is
thin.  I'm not sure to what extent this is because nothing is going on,
and to what extent it's that people who want to do useful work are scared
away by the noisy and contentious chit-chat that any anti-spam group seems
to attract.  The subgroup lists are all invitation only, so they work
fine, but I fear that the public list is a poor advertisement for what
could be accomplished and I'm not sure how best to deal with it.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies", Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor
"I dropped the toothpaste", said Tom, crestfallenly.

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce