Subject: [IRTF-Announce] P2Prg Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:47:22 -0700

Peer-to-Peer Research Group Report
August 2005

The IRTF P2P Research Group has been active since the Spring of 2003.
Since that time the participation of the membership has been variable  and
seems to maximize in windows around our meetings of which there  have now
been three, the most recent having taken place at the Paris  IETF meeting.

Since our conception, we have produced three documents:

     1) A survey of research towards robust P2P networks,
     2) A problem statement draft from our mobility subgroup,
     3) A growing bibliography of P2P references.

Each of these is accessible via a link on the IRTF web-site to our  sister
site at the University of Maryland:

     http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/p2prg/

We also have a members only discussion mailing list hosted by the
University of Maryland.

Finally, just prior to the Paris IETF meeting two new research  proposals
were discussed and have been accepted by our members. These are the
following:

     1) The implications of Peer-to-Peer over IPv6 that will be  examined
        in our Overlay subgroup,

     2) Peer-to-Peer content, resource and service discovery whose
        research will take place in our Discovery and Resource Location
        subgroup.

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce