Subject: [IRTF-Announce] P2P RG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:35:33 -0800

Peer-to-Peer Research Group Report
December 2005

Researchers working on explicit multicast (XCAST) have expressed  interest
in continuing their work through the P2PRG. It is not clear  at this time
exactly what research problems will be investigated in  this arena, and the
P2P chairs are talking to XCAST researchers to  potentially consider
continuing work on XCAST through the P2PRG. The work would include (but not
be limited to) integration of XCAST  with a signaling protocol such as SIP
as well as investigate  applications that can be viably supported with
XCAST.

Also, we are updating our P2P over IPV6 document to provide a roadmap  for
the study of P2P implementations on IPv6. We hope that this will  be used
as a guide to further research in this area within our RG.

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce