Subject: [IRTF-Announce] HIPRG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:59:41 -0800

Host Identity Payload Research Group Report
December 2005

The HIP RG has seen cyclical activity centered around IETF meetings.  The RG
met on the afternoon of Nov. 11, 2005 (after IETF 64 meeting), with 40
attendees.  Three new drafts were reviewed; one on the use of SIP presence
data to convey HITs, one describing possible operator issues with deploying
HIP, and one on the use of a TCP option for opportunistic HIP.  In addition,
the RG heard about updates to the legacy NAT/middlebox traversal draft, the
HIP-aware middlebox traversal draft, the draft on the use of SRTP as a HIP
transport, and the draft on using SIP to convey host identities.
The RG's primary chartered output is an "Experiment Report" to the IESG
describing the impact of deploying HIP.  This draft has not been advanced
since the last quarter; the chairs agreed to do so before the next meeting
cycle.  The meeting and mailing list agreed that
draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt (problem statement for
HIP-aware middleboxes) could be advanced to the state of RG draft.  Prior to
IETF-64, the RG agreed to make draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt (problem
statement for HIP-unaware middleboxes) a RG draft.

The chairs continue to encourage experimentation with one of the three open
source implementations of HIP.  The HIIT project reports that several events
with industry, including Ericsson, TeliaSonera, Nokia, and Symbian, are in
progress.  Also, there have been several protocol extensions to the OpenHIP
project submitted by various researchers.

Subject: HIPRG report
From: Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:09:23 +0200

HIP Research Group Report
December 2005

The HIP RG has seen cyclical activity centered around IETF meetings.  The RG
met on the afternoon of Nov. 11, 2005 (after IETF 64 meeting), with 40
attendees.  Three new drafts were reviewed; one on the use of SIP presence
data to convey HITs, one describing possible operator issues with deploying
HIP, and one on the use of a TCP option for opportunistic HIP.  In addition,
the RG heard about updates to the legacy NAT/middlebox traversal draft, the
HIP-aware middlebox traversal draft, the draft on the use of SRTP as a HIP
transport, and the draft on using SIP to convey host identities.  

The RG's primary chartered output is an "Experiment Report" to the IESG
describing the impact of deploying HIP.  This draft has not been advanced
since the last quarter; the chairs agreed to do so before the next meeting
cycle.  The meeting and mailing list agreed that
draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt (problem statement for
HIP-aware middleboxes) could be advanced to the state of RG draft.  Prior to
IETF-64, the RG agreed to make draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt (problem
statement for HIP-unaware middleboxes) a RG draft.

The chairs continue to encourage experimentation with one of the three open
source implementations of HIP.  The HIIT project reports that several events
with industry, including Ericsson, TeliaSonera, Nokia, and Symbian, are in
progress.  Also, there have been several protocol extensions to the OpenHIP
project submitted by various researchers.

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce