Subject: [IRTF-Announce] ASRG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:41:58 -0800

Anti-Spam Research Group Report
December 2005

The ASRG was modestly active this quarter.  The Forwarding Project, which
the group chair suggested at the CEAS conference in July, is now active at
http://forward.sp.am.  It's intended to see how various mailers mutate
messages on the way through.  The motivation was for the DKIM WG in the
IETF, since the message header and body canonicalization scheme for the
signature is one of the less well worked out aspects of DKIM and there's a
lot of speculation about how well signatures based on various canon
schemes would or would not survive forwarding.  This will let us collect
some actual data.

We also have a I-D on the structure of DNSBLs and DNSWLs ready to send
down the track toward being an Informational RFC.  It describes how they
work technically while staying away from questions about what addresses
they list.  There's also a separate DNSBL BCP that does address listing
policies in early draft form.  The author promises to move it along by the
end of the year.  If the promised IRTF RFC process materializes we can use
that, otherwise I'll send them the old-fashioned way as individual
submissions.

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce