Subject: [IRTF-Announce] MOBOPTS RG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:48:47 -0800

Mobility Optimizations Research Group Report
January 2005

The RG has been looking at the following topics recently:

- conveying link characteristics to corresponding nodes as a function
   of wireless network mobility. What are the implications on the
   transport protocol behavior?

- network-controlled handovers: the architectural aspects of effecting
   handovers in a multi-network environment. Where does the control
   reside?

- location privacy with IP Mobility: Using a fixed identifier from the
   home network can reveal roaming. How to protect user roaming to
   correspondents and on-lookers?

- multicast and mobility: a host of issues.

The RG has finished the work on "Taxonomy and Analysis of Return
Routability Enhancements".

The RG has also nearly completed work on link-assisted fast handovers.
A testbed is publicly available at
http://www.nautilus6.org/seamless/index.php

Another testbed on Early Binding Updates and credit-based
authorization is also being made available. See
http://www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/ebucba/

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce