Subject: [IRTF-Announce] E2E RG report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:13:15 -0800

End-to-end Research Group Report
January 2006

The research group met October 19-20 at MIT and had a vigorous session
devoted primarily to three topics: designing protocols to optimize a  
single
performance or utility metric; new network architectures; and areas  
where
artificial intelligence techniques can be applied to end-to-end  
networking
problems.  Our next meeting is scheduled for March on the US West Coast.

The other major news is that Bob Braden, E2E's chair since its creation
twenty (!!) years ago, stepped down as chair in November.  Karen Sollins
and Craig Partridge are the new co-chairs.  We're grateful to Bob for
his wonderful work over the years, during which time E2E played a key
role in the development or refinement of a number of Internet protocols
and standards, including the TCP improvements of the late 1980s and  
early
1990s, the introduction of RPC and external data formats, and the  
development
of integrated and differentiated services.

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce