Subject: [IRTF-Announce] HIPRG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:05:58 -0700

Host Identity Payload Research Group Report
May 2006

The HIP RG met at IETF-65, with about 35 attendees. The meeting
reviewed a number of updated Internet Drafts on the topics of HIP
privacy extensions, opportunistic HIP and TCP options, SIP and HIP
relationships, advanced NAT traversal, and the RG experiment report.
The meeting also reviewed the status of the three open source HIP
implementations, and observed a few software demonstrations.

The RG is involved in an IRSG review of a NAT traversal problem
statement, and transferred work on HIP NAT traversal, use of legacy
applications with HIP, and advanced HIP APIs to the IETF HIP working
group (rechartering proposal under current discussion in the IETF).

In the near future, RG participants appear to be focused on improving
the usability and distribution of experimental software, and on
investigating the relationship of HIP to other protocols (especially
SIP and shim6).  The RG plans to meet again on Friday afternoon of
IETF-66.

http://www.irtf.org/hip

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce