Subject: [IRTF-Announce] MOBOPTS RG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:14:08 -0700

IP Mobility Optimizations Research Group Report
May 2006

The RG has primarily focussed on progressing the existing
documents. The RG met during IETF 65 and discussed the topics and
documents which were taken up earlier.

The current status of various work items are as follows:

o the Mobile IPv6 Return Routability Enhancements document has
   undergone IRSG review and the authors have revised the document
   based on the IRSG review.  This document is ready to proceed as the
   first RFC of the RG.

o Location Privacy with Mobile IPv6 document was revised based on the
   RG input. A new version will be submitted soon.

o L2 Abstractions for Fast Handovers document was revised.
   Information about the testbed is released
   (www.natilus6.org/tarzan). The document is expected to be revised,
   and will be adopted as the RG document.

o Network-Initiated Handover Problem Statement document was revised.

o RG is discussing the topic of conveying Link Characteristcs
   Information (LCI) between a Mobile Node and its correspondents as a
   function of mobility. This has many interesting implications on
   congestion control and transport protocol performance

o The problem statement for Multicast and Mobility needs more review.

In addition, the topics of Credit-based Authorization for improving
the end-to-end handover latency and Context Transfers for Multicast
Subscriptions have also been discussed.

In all, the RG is occupied with multiple topics at varying levels of
maturity.

http://www.irtf.org/mobopts

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce