Subject: [IRTF-Announce] P2P RG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:47:41 -0700

Peer-to-Peer Research Group Report
August 2006

During the first three months of 2006 the research group submitted  
three Internet drafts. Each is listed below along with a short  
description. Also, the P2P RG met during the IETF at Dallas. Since  
this meeting the IRTF P2P RG has been idle.

P2P RG Internet draft submissions for this year:

1) January 18, 2006: draft-irtf-p2prg-core-problem-statement-00.txt

New research in the design of peer-to-peer overlay networks offers  
the possibility of addressing limitations of existing service,  
resource and content discovery methods. We identify the research  
goals to be pursued in investigating new designs for global scale  
service discovery. The purpose of this document is to attract  
participation from other researchers interested in these problems and  
to lead to a coordinated research approach within the P2PRG CORE  
subgroup.

2) March 23, 2006: draft-irtf-p2prg-p2pv6-problem-statement-00.txt

The purpose of this document is to attract participation within the  
P2Pv6 research group in order to establish a coordinated and  
proficient research about the joint usage of p2p frameworks and the  
IPv6 protocol.

3) March 22, 2006: draft-irtf-p2prg-survey-search-00

Survey of Research towards Robust Peer-to-Peer Networks: Search Methods

Bill Yeager
Samrat Bhattacharhee

http://www.irtf.org/p2prg

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce