Subject: [IRTF-Announce] SAM RG Report

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:52:15 -0700

Scalable Adaptive Multicast Research Group Report
August 2006

The SAM RG held its first meeting at IETF 66.  There were 45
attendees, with 6 presentations covering 2 new IDs, overviews of the
DoD's global information grid, and research on application layer
multicasting.  Meeting materials and minutes are available as part of
the IETF meeting materials for IETF 66.

An overview of the SAM RG motivation, problem area, and work plan was
presented at the IETF 66 Technical Plenary.

SAM RG chairs are organizing some research workshops related to the
SAM RG workplan.  The first workshop is "Peer-to-Peer Multicasting
Workshop (MP2P 2007)" with a CFP deadline of Sept 7 2006.  It will be
held as part of the IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking
Confernece Jan. 11, 2007, in Las Vegas, NV, USA.

A new SAM RG website with ALM/OM bibliography has been launched. (see
URL below)

The current work items are to update the ID on SAM Requirements based
on feedback on the mailing list and from the meeting.  Two new drafts
are underway on the SAM Problem Statement and SAM Design Space.

We plan an interim meeting at P2PM07, Jan 11, a second workshop in
4Q2007 with venue TBD, and an IETF meeting at either IETF 68 or 69.
Depending on mailing list interest, there may be a meeting at IETF 67.

For more information see the website: http://www.samrg.org

_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce