Subject: [IRTF-Announce] E2E RG update

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:48:39 -0800

End-to-End RG Report

The E2ERG concentrates on issues related to the end-to-end nature of
communication.  It is a group that has historically concentrated for
some period of time, often extended on one or a small number of topics
that are of particular interest to its members, before moving onto
another topic.  Although the group is closed, these concentration
areas have often been cause to invite other participants to meetings
where there is mutual interest.  Recent and current interests include
a review of the current state of congestion control and the questions
of the provision of "end-to-end-ness" in an increasingly heterogeneous
networking environment, considering issues such as management,
routing, and characteristics of delivery services across qualitatively
different subregions of the network.  Typically the group meets 2-3
times a year for 2 days each, at times and locations other than IETF
meetings, in order to avoid time conflicts. Most of the meetings have
been in the US, but our last meeting was in London.  Our next meeting
will be in Cambridge, MA in early February, 2008.

http://www.irtf.org/end2end
_______________________________________________
IRTF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce