Subject: [IRTF-Announce] RFC 6538 on The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Experiment Report

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:14:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6538

        Title:      The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) 
                    Experiment Report 
        Author:     T. Henderson, A. Gurtov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 88376
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-hip-experiment-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6538.txt

This document is a report from the IRTF Host Identity Protocol (HIP)
research group documenting the collective experiences and lessons
learned from studies, related experimentation, and designs completed
by the research group.  The document summarizes implications of
adding HIP to host protocol stacks, Internet infrastructure, and
applications.  The perspective of a network operator, as well as a
list of HIP experiments, are presented as well.  Portions of this
report may be relevant also to other network overlay-based
architectures or to attempts to deploy alternative networking
architectures.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC