Subject: [IRTF-Announce] Applied Networking Research Prize 2012 presentation s at IETF-85

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:38:33 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2012 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 20 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by 5-7 members of the
selection committee according to a diverse set of criteria, including
scientific excellence and substance, timeliness, relevance, and
potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, three submissions were awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize in 2012. One of these submissions was already
presenteded at IETF-84 in Vancouver, Canada. Two additional winning
papers will be presented at IETF-85 in Atlanta, USA. The awards for
IETF-85 go to:

  *** Srikanth Sundaresan *** for his measurement study of
  access link performance on home gateway devices:
  
    Srikanth Sundaresan, Walter de Donato, Nick Feamster, Renata
    Teixeira, Sam Crawford and Antonio Pescapè. Broadband
    Internet Performance: A View From the Gateway. Proc. ACM
    SIGCOMM,August 2011, Toronto, Canada.
    
  *** Peyman Kazemian *** for developing a general and
  protocol-agnostic framework for statically checking network
  specifications and configurations:
  
    Peyman Kazemian, George Varghese and Nick McKeown. Header
    Space Analysis: Static Checking For Networks. Proc. USENIX
    Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation
    (NSDI), April 2012, San Jose, CA, USA.

Srikanth and Peyman have been invited to present their findings in the
IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-85, November 4-9, 2012 in Atlanta, GA,
USA. Join them there!

The call for ANRP nominations for the 2013 awards cycle will open in the
fall of 2012. Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

 http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
 http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            http://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         http://isoc.org/research

--

2012 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Olivier Bonaventure, UCL Louvain
Ross Callon, Juniper
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Andrei Gurtov, HIIT
Dan Massey, Colorado State
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Lixia Zhang, UCLA