Subject: [IRTF-Announce] Applied Networking Research Prize 2013 presentation at IETF-86

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:51:13 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2013 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 36 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by eight members of the
selection committee according to a diverse set of criteria, including
scientific excellence and substance, timeliness, relevance, and
potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, four submissions will be awarded an ANRP in 2013.
The first of these awards will happen at IETF-86 in Orlando, FL, USA.
It goes to:

  *** Gonca Gürsun *** for defining a metric that allows an analysis
  of BGP routing policies:

    Gonca Gürsun, Natali Ruchansky, Evimaria Terzi and Mark Crovella.
    Routing State Distance: A Path-based Metric For Network Analysis.
    Proc. ACM IMC, Boston, MA, USA, Nov. 2012.
    http://cs-people.bu.edu/goncag/papers/imc12-rsd.pdf
 
Gonca has been invited to present her findings in the IRTF Open Meeting
during IETF-86, March 10-15, 2013 in Orlando, FL, USA. Join her there!

The other three ANRP winners of 2013 will be announced before IETF-87
and IETF-88, respectively.

The call for ANRP nominations for the 2014 awards cycle will open in the
fall of 2013. Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            http://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         http://isoc.org/research

--

2013 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Olivier Bonaventure, UCL Louvain
Ross Callon, Juniper
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Dan Massey, Colorado State
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Yang Richard Yang, Yale
Lixia Zhang, UCLA