Subject: [IRTF-Announce] RFC 6875 on The P2P Network Experiment Council's Activities and Experiments with Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) in Japan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:26:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6875

        Title:      The P2P Network Experiment Council's 
                    Activities and Experiments with Application-Layer 
                    Traffic Optimization (ALTO) in Japan 
        Author:     S. Kamei, T. Momose,
                    T. Inoue, T. Nishitani
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41572
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kamei-p2p-experiments-japan-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6875.txt

This document describes experiments that clarify how an approach
similar to Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) was
effective in reducing network traffic.  These experiments were
performed in Japan by the P2P Network Experiment Council in an
attempt to harmonize peer-to-peer (P2P) technology with network
infrastructure.  Based on what was learned from these experiments,
this document provides some suggestions that might be useful for the
ALTO architecture and especially for application-independent ALTO-
like server operation.

This document is a product of the Peer-to-Peer Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC