Subject: [IRTF-Announce] Applied Networking Research Prize 2013 presentation at IETF-87

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 10:01:01 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2013 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 36 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by eight members of the
selection committee according to a diverse set of criteria, including
scientific excellence and substance, timeliness, relevance, and
potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, four submissions were awarded an ANRP in 2013,
the first of which was already presented at IETF-86. 

The second and third awards will happen at IETF-87 in Berlin, Germany.
They go to:

  *** Te-Yuan Huang *** for insights into the difficulties of rate
  adaptation for streaming video:

    Te-Yuan Huang, Nikhil Handigol, Brandon Heller, Nick McKeown
    and Ramesh Johari. Confused, Timid, and Unstable: Picking a
    Video Streaming Rate is Hard. Proc. ACM Internet Measurement
    Conference (IMC),November 2012, Boston, MA, USA.

  *** Laurent Vanbever *** for proposing a framework to allow seamless
  BGP reconfigurations:

    Stefano Vissicchio, Laurent Vanbever, Cristel Pelsser, Luca
    Cittadini, Pierre Francois and Olivier Bonaventure. Improving
    Network Agility with Seamless BGP Reconﬁgurations. Proc. IEEE/ACM
    Transactions on Networking (TON), To Appear.

Te-Yuan and Laurent have been invited to present her findings in the IRTF
Open Meeting during IETF-87, July 28 - August 2, 2013 in Berlin, Germany.
Join them there!

The call for ANRP nominations for the 2014 awards cycle will open in the
fall of 2013. Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

  http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
  http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            http://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         http://isoc.org/research

--

2013 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Olivier Bonaventure, UCL Louvain
Ross Callon, Juniper
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Dan Massey, Colorado State
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Yang Richard Yang, Yale
Lixia Zhang, UCLA