Subject: [IRTF-Announce] Preliminary agenda for the IRTF Open Meeting at IETF-91

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:43:21 +0000

The preliminary agenda for the IRTF Open Meeting at IETF-91 is now online: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/agenda/agenda-91-irtfopen

Lars

--

Preliminary Agenda
IRTF Open Meeting @ IETF-91
Honolulu, HI, USA
TUESDAY, November 11, 2014
0900-1130 HST Tuesday Morning Session I

State of the IRTF
  Lars Eggert
  10 min

Applied Networking Prize (ANRP) Award Talks
  45 min each

  *** Sharon Goldberg *** for discussing threats when BGP RPKI
  authorities are faulty, misconfigured, compromised, or compelled
  to misbehave:

    Danny Cooper, Ethan Heilman, Kyle Brogle, Leonid Reyzin and
    Sharon Goldberg. On the Risk of Misbehaving RPKI Authorities.
    Proc. ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (HotNets-XII),
    College Park, MD, USA, November 2013.

    The RPKI (RFC 6480) is a new security infrastructure that relies on
    trusted authorities to prevent attacks on interdomain routing. The
    standard threat model for the RPKI supposes that authorities are
    trusted and routing is under attack. This talk discusses risks that
    arise when this threat model is flipped: when RPKI authorities are
    faulty, misconfigured, compromised, or compelled (e.g. by governments)
    to take certain actions. We also survey mechanisms that can increase
    transparency when RPKI authorities misbehave.

  *** Misbah Uddin *** for developing matching and ranking for
  network search queries to make operational data available in
  real-time to management applications:

    Misbah Uddin, Rolf Stadler and Alexander Clemm. Scalable
    Matching and Ranking for Network Search. Proc. International
    Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM), Zürich,
    Switzerland, October 2013.

    Network search makes configuration and operational information in
    networked systems available to management applications in real-time
    through a uniform interface. It requires an efficient, decentralised
    search algorithm running in a plane of search nodes inside the
    networked system. At this point in our work, we have demonstrated the
    technical feasibility and scalability of network search.

  *** Tobias Flach *** for the design of novel loss recovery mechanisms
  for TCP that minimize timeout-driven recovery:

    Tobias Flach, Nandita Dukkipati, Andreas Terzis, Barath
    Raghavan, Neal Cardwell, Yuchung Cheng, Ankur Jain, Shuai Hao,
    Ethan Katz-Bassett, Ramesh Govindan. Reducing Web Latency: the
    Virtue of Gentle Aggression. Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, Hong Kong, China,
    August 2013.

    In this talk I am discussing a large-scale measurement study inside
    Google's production network analyzing how TCP's loss recovery
    mechanisms affect Web latency. This motivates the design of new
    mechanisms to detect and handle losses quicker, and I will quantify
    how they have a positive impact on Web performance.