Subject: [IRTF-Announce] RFC 7476 on Information-Centric Networking: Baseline Scenarios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:10:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7476

        Title:      Information-Centric Networking: Baseline Scenarios 
        Author:     K. Pentikousis, Ed.,
                    B. Ohlman, D. Corujo,
                    G. Boggia, G. Tyson,
                    E. Davies, A. Molinaro,
                    S. Eum
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 120235
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7476

This document aims at establishing a common understanding about a set
of scenarios that can be used as a base for the evaluation of
different information-centric networking (ICN) approaches so that
they can be tested and compared against each other while showcasing
their own advantages.  Towards this end, we review the ICN literature
and document scenarios which have been considered in previous
performance evaluation studies.  We discuss a variety of aspects that
an ICN solution can address.  This includes general aspects, such as,
network efficiency, reduced complexity, increased scalability and
reliability, mobility support, multicast and caching performance,
real-time communication efficiency, energy consumption frugality, and
disruption and delay tolerance.  We detail ICN-specific aspects as
well, such as information security and trust, persistence,
availability, provenance, and location independence.

This document is a product of the IRTF Information-Centric Networking
Research Group (ICNRG).

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC