Subject: [IRTF-Announce] ACM SIGCOMM 2015 Call for Industrial demos

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 15:26:40 +0000

I don't normally forward CFPs, but since the IETF wants to attract more academics, and SIGCOMM wants to attract more industry, this seems of interest.

Lars

--

ACM SIGCOMM 2015 Call for Industrial demos
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2015/cfid.php

The industrial demo session at SIGCOMM 2014 in Chicago had a great turnout and
positive feedback, so it returns for SIGCOMM 2015. The industrial demo session
showcases demos from industry in the area of networking, networked systems, and
networked applications. The objective of this session is to bring together
industry and academia around demos of innovative and cutting-edge networking
products.

Why present industrial demos at SIGCOMM?

SIGCOMM is the flagship annual conference of the ACM Special Interest Group on
Data Communication (SIGCOMM) on the applications, technologies, architectures,
and protocols for computer communication. The conference is single-track and
features a high-quality technical program with significant opportunities for
technical and social interactions. SIGCOMM is the premier conference in its
field and typically attracts over 600 attendees (scientists, engineers,
educators, and students). An industrial demo is an opportunity for companies to
show industrial leadership. Presenting edge industrial technology will attract
top academics to work on problems that are relevant to industry and help push
forward the frontier of industrial knowledge. The industrial demo session is
also a great recruiting opportunity. SIGCOMM attracts students from the most
selective universities around the world.

How to submit?

Please submit a small description of your demo (up to one page) together with
the names and affiliation of the demo presenters in a single PDF at
http://muse.inria.fr/sigcomm15demos/. The SIGCOMM industrial liaison board is
responsible for the selection of industrial demo program. Demos of research
projects from industry are better suited for the general SIGCOMM demo session;
the industrial demo session has more of a product focus. Feel free to contact
any member of the SIGCOMM industrial liaison board or the demo chairs if you
have any questions.

Important dates

Submission Deadline:		May 27, 2015
Acceptance Notification:	June 12, 2015