Subject: [IRTF-Announce] RFC 7575 on Autonomic Networking: Definitions and Design Goals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:26:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7575

        Title:      Autonomic Networking: Definitions and Design Goals 
        Author:     M. Behringer, M. Pritikin,
                    S. Bjarnason, A. Clemm,
                    B. Carpenter, S. Jiang,
                    L. Ciavaglia
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36838
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7575

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7575

Autonomic systems were first described in 2001.  The fundamental goal
is self-management, including self-configuration, self-optimization,
self-healing, and self-protection.  This is achieved by an autonomic
function having minimal dependencies on human administrators or
centralized management systems.  It usually implies distribution
across network elements.

This document defines common language and outlines design goals (and
what are not design goals) for autonomic functions.  A high-level
reference model illustrates how functional elements in an Autonomic
Network interact.  This document is a product of the IRTF's Network
Management Research Group.

This document is a product of the Network Management Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC