Subject: [IRTF-Announce] RFC 7748 on Elliptic Curves for Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 16:27:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7748

        Title:      Elliptic Curves for Security 
        Author:     A. Langley, M. Hamburg, S. Turner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 39298
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-cfrg-curves-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7748

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7748

This memo specifies two elliptic curves over prime fields that offer
a high level of practical security in cryptographic applications,
including Transport Layer Security (TLS).  These curves are intended
to operate at the ~128-bit and ~224-bit security level, respectively,
and are generated deterministically based on a list of required
properties.

This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC