Subject: [IRTF-Announce] Call for Papers: ACM/ISOC/IRTF Applied Networking Research Workshop (ANRW) 2017

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:36:19 +0000

(Making an exception for this CFP as it's an IRTF-sponsored event -- Lars.)

ACM/ISOC/IRTF Applied Networking Research Workshop (ANRW) 2017
==============================================================

https://irtf.org/anrw/2017/

Important Dates

Paper submission deadline:   April 3, 2017
Acceptance notification:     June 2, 2017
Camera-ready paper deadline: June 23, 2017

Call for Papers
---------------

The second edition of the ACM, IRTF & ISOC Applied Networking Research
Workshop 2017 (ANRW’17) is an academic workshop that provides a forum
for researchers, vendors, network operators and the Internet standards
community to present and discuss emerging results in applied
networking research. It is sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM, the Internet
Research Task Force (IRTF) and the Internet Society (ISOC).

Researchers should consider submitting early/emerging results that
illustrate the scientific and engineering principles underlying the
Internet architecture, protocols and applications; that demonstrate
new capabilities, features, or extensions to the Internet protocol
layers; that enhance our understanding of how Internet protocols work
in real-world deployments or realistic test-beds; or that improve
Internet security and privacy, scalability, performance, and
robustness.

The ANRW’17 particularly encourages the submission of results that
could form the basis for future engineering work in the IETF, that
could change operational Internet practices, that can help better
specify Internet protocols, or that could influence further research
and experimentation in the IRTF.

Topics of Interest
------------------

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, applied work in
the following areas:

* Evolving Internet architecture and deployment of new Internet
 working paradigms
* Naming, addressing, and routing for the (future) Internet
* Development and deployment of new and improved transport protocols
* Congestion control for heterogeneous networks and novel applications
* Improvements to the security and privacy of Internet protocols
* Studies that characterize Internet security, privacy or censorship
* Measuring and understanding the behavior and transparency of the
 Internet
* Internetworking and semantic interoperability for
 resource-constrained devices
* New approaches to network management, operations, and control
* Better ways of specifying protocols, including usable techniques for
 protocol verification
* Enabling global access to the Internet
* Improving the energy efficiency of the Internet
* Protocols and APIs for new Internet applications
* New approaches to decentralized mobility management
* Application of network programmability to the Internet
* Approaches towards decentralizing and democratizing the Internet
* Systems and protocols that enable extending the reach of the Internet

Full papers and short papers
----------------------------

The ANRW accepts two types of submissions: full papers and short papers.

Full paper submissions describe original research on the topics above
and may contain up to six pages of technical content, including
figures, tables, appendices, etc. plus unlimited pages for references
and acknowledgements only. The six page limit is strictly enforced,
even a single line exceeding six pages will lead to rejection without
review. We expect full papers to contain at least a preliminary
evaluation.

Accepted full papers will be presented and discussed in depth at the
workshop, and will be published in the ACM Digital Library.

Short paper submissions are suitable for short position papers, for
starting a discussion on new technical ideas, to present very early
results, or to present other topics of interest to the community
(software and tools, research initiatives or collaborative projects,
major new funding vessels, etc.). They may contain up to two pages of
content including figures, tables, any appendices, etc., optionally
followed by a single additional page for references and
acknowledgments only.

Accepted short papers will be briefly presented during the workshop,
and will be published in the ACM Digital Library.

Authors of accepted short papers should also bring a poster presenting
its content to the workshop, for display and more in-depth discussion
with interested participants during the breaks.

Under no circumstances should authors submit previously published
work, submit the same work simultaneously to multiple venues, or
submit papers that plagiarize the work of other authors. The ACM
Policy and Procedures on Plagiarism applies to the ANRW, and action
will be taken against submitters who have engaged in such practices.

Papers accompanied by nondisclosure agreement requests will not be
considered for review or publication, nor ever be disclosed.