Subject: [IRTF-Announce] Fwd: Remote hubs for IETF 98: Zurich

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 07:27:29 +0000

Begin forwarded message:

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: March 2, 2017 at 22:52:25 GMT+1
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Ted Hardie <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, IETF <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Remote hubs for IETF 98: Zurich
Reply-To: IETF <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>, Ted Hardie <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

This is a follow-up about Google’s offer to host hubs for the IETF
98 participants who cannot travel to Chicago because of
the recent U.S. travel ban.

Thank you Ted and Warren, and Google!

Please see the details below; they are planning to host a hub
in Zurich, Switzerland, for the duration of the meeting. If you
are interested in joining IETF-98 via this hub, you need
to register as described below.

Jari Arkko, IETF Chair

---

Hi Jari, Alissa,

Google will be hosting a remote hub in Zürich, Switzerland for
IETF 98 participants who cannot travel to Chicago because of
the recent U.S. travel ban.

As it turns out, only one person wanted to meet in any of the
cities we suggested as near the Chicago time zone, so we have
reduced down to one remote hub, close to the affected folks.
Zurich appears to be the best Google office for this, as it is in the
Schengen area and is within a short distance of the largest group
of affected travelers.   As noted before, we'll provide network,
rooms, and snacks

In order to prepare badges, arrange the appropriate number of
conference rooms, and get meals lined up, we'd like to ask folks
to pre-register to use the remote hub facilities by March 24th.  A
form for doing so is at: https://goo.gl/forms/tEvn68rk5FvSfAxs1

If you could share the information with the community, we'd be
grateful.

thanks,

Ted Hardie
Warren Kumari