Subject: [IRTF-Announce] RFC 8609 on Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) Messages in TLV Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 17:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8609

        Title:      Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) Messages in 
                    TLV Format 
        Author:     M. Mosko,
                    I. Solis,
                    C. Wood
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       July 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 109089
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-ccnxmessages-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8609

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8609

Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) is a network protocol that uses a
hierarchical name to forward requests and to match responses to
requests.  This document specifies the encoding of CCNx messages in a
TLV packet format, including the TLV types used by each message
element and the encoding of each value.  The semantics of CCNx
messages follow the encoding-independent CCNx Semantics
specification.

This document is a product of the Information Centric Networking
research group (ICNRG).  The document received wide review among
ICNRG participants and has two full implementations currently in
active use, which have informed the technical maturity of the
protocol specification.

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC