Subject: [IRTF-Announce] RFC 8975 on Network Coding for Satellite Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 09:23:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8975

        Title:      Network Coding for Satellite Systems 
        Author:     N. Kuhn, Ed.,
                    E. Lochin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8975

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8975

This document is a product of the Coding for Efficient Network
Communications Research Group (NWCRG). It conforms to the directions
found in the NWCRG taxonomy (RFC 8406).

The objective is to contribute to a larger deployment of Network
Coding techniques in and above the network layer in satellite
communication systems. This document also identifies open research
issues related to the deployment of Network Coding in satellite
communication systems.

This document is a product of the Coding for Efficient Network Communications Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC