Subject: [irtf-discuss] Call for proposal on the IoT

From: "Gyu Myoung Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:58:38 +0100

Dear All

Sorry for cross-posting.

Based on meeting results of last IoT Bar BoF in Beijing, we have decided to
call for a short proposal on the IoT after discussing with Bruce and Ning. 

The aim is to identify problems and key issues for establishing a new group
on the IoT in IRTF.

Please see the details as follows.

The submission deadline: 7th January 2011 (Friday)

Scope: All related future research topics for the IoT within the IETF/IRTF 

Proposal submission:  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]  

The template of proposal (1-2 pages) [based on Bruce's]: 

-Title

-Summary

-Problem statement

-Research approach

-Expected results

-Interested people

-Relationship to the IETF/IRTF working groups

After receiving all proposals, we will prepare a formal BoF by the end of
January.

-       Have an audio conference for reviewing proposals with key members

-       Update the PS document (editors)

-       Request an I-D for a good proposal (contributors)

-       Prepare a draft charter for IoT RG

-       Submit a BoF proposal

If you have any question, feel free to contact me. In addition, please
circulate this e-mail to your colleagues for promoting this activity.

Looking forward to receiving valuable inputs from you.

Best Regards,

Gyu Myoung Lee