Subject: [irtf-discuss] Applied Networking Research Prize awards for IETF-82

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 09:45:58 +0300

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for this award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 13 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by 4-7 members of the
selection committee according to a diverse set of criteria, including
scientific excellence and substance, timeliness, relevance, and
potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, two submissions were awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize:

*** Michio Honda *** for his research into determining the future
extensibility of TCP:

 Michio Honda, Yoshifumi Nishida, Costin Raiciu, Adam Greenhalgh,
 Mark Handley and Hideyuki Tokuda. Is it Still Possible to Extend
 TCP? To appear: Proc. ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC),
 November 2011, Berlin, Germany.

*** Nasif Ekiz *** for his analysis of misbehaving TCP receivers:

 Nasif Ekiz, Abuthahir Habeeb Rahman and Paul D. Amer. Misbehaviors
 in TCP SACK Generation. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review,
 Volume 41, Issue 2, April 2011.

Both researchers have been invited to present their findings in the
IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-82, November 13-18, 2011 in Taipei,
Taiwan. Join them there!

There will be a call for ANRP nominations after IETF-82 that targets
2012. Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp. Please
subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed
of other networking research initiatives:

 http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
 http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair
Mat Ford, Internet Society
http://irtf.org/anrp
http://isoc.org/research

-- 

ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Olivier Bonaventure, UCL Louvain
Ross Callon, Juniper
Lars Eggert, Nokia Research Center
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Andrei Gurtov, HIIT
Dan Massey, Colorado State
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Bruce Nordman, LBL
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Martin Stiemerling, NEC Laboratories
Richard Yang, Yale
Lixia Zhang, UCLA