Subject: [irtf-discuss] Applied Networking Research Prize 2012 presentation at IETF-84

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 14:10:58 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2012 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 20 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by 5-7 members of the
selection committee according to a diverse set of criteria, including
scientific excellence and substance, timeliness, relevance, and
potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, three submissions were awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize in 2012. One of these submissions will be
presented at IETF-84 in Vancouver, Canada, and two of them will be
presented at IETF-85 in Atlanta, USA. The award for IETF-84 goes to:

*** Alberto Dainotti *** for his research into Internet communication
disruptions due to filtering:

  Alberto Dainotti, Claudio Squarcella, Emile Aben, K.C.  Claffy,
  Marco Chiesa, Michele Russo and Antonio Pescapé.  Analysis of
  Country-wide Internet Outages Caused by Censorship. Proc. ACM
  SIGCOMM/SIGMETRICS Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), November
  2011, Berlin, Germany.

Alberto has been invited to present his findings in the IRTF Open
Meeting during IETF-84, July 29 - August 3, 2012 in Vancouver, Canada.
Join him there!

The other two prize winners of the 2012 ANRP will be announced before
IETF-85 in Atlanta, USA.

The call for ANRP nominations for the 2013 awards cycle will open in
the fall of 2012. Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp.
Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

  http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
  http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            http://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         http://isoc.org/research

--

2012 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Olivier Bonaventure, UCL Louvain
Ross Callon, Juniper
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Andrei Gurtov, HIIT
Dan Massey, Colorado State
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Lixia Zhang, UCLA