Subject: [irtf-discuss] Power consumption in the internet

From: balaji venkat Venkataswami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:19:59 +0530

Dear all,

We are a group of researchers in the east coast of india from the Indian
Institute of Technology Madras (chennai). We have published the following
drafts in the IETF.  We would like to start of a discussion on the below
mentioned topics in the IRTF since it is also a forum for research topics.

Power reduction in the internet is the main aim of these drafts in Inter-AS
and Intra-AS scenarios. Both unicast and multicast has been dealt with. We
would like the opinion of this esteemed group about these drafts and how we
can take these approaches further. There are a few additions to some of
these drafts that will be updated in the near future.

Looking forward to your comments on the same.

Thanks and regards,
Shankar and team
* mjsraman-pce-power-replic
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-pce-power-replic>  (timeline)
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-pce-power-replic-timing
.html> 
* mjsraman-pim-ecmp-redirect-power-replic-cap
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-pim-ecmp-redirect-power-replic-ca
p>  (timeline) 
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-pim-ecmp-redirect-power
-replic-cap-timing.html>
* mjsraman-rtgwg-bgp-power-path
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-bgp-power-path>  (timeline)
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-bgp-power-path-ti
ming.html> 
* mjsraman-rtgwg-inter-as-psp
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-inter-as-psp>  (timeline)
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-inter-as-psp-timi
ng.html> 
* mjsraman-rtgwg-inter-as-psp-protect
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-inter-as-psp-protect>
(timeline) 
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-inter-as-psp-prot
ect-timing.html> 
* mjsraman-rtgwg-intra-as-psp-te-leak
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-intra-as-psp-te-leak>
(timeline) 
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-intra-as-psp-te-l
eak-timing.html> 
* mjsraman-rtgwg-ospf-power-topo
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-ospf-power-topo>
(timeline) 
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-ospf-power-topo-t
iming.html> 
* mjsraman-rtgwg-pim-power
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-pim-power>  (timeline)
<http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-pim-power-timing.
html>

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 06:27:45 +0000

Hi,

there is currently no research group in the IRTF on energy efficiency. However, there is a mailing list of people interested in the topic that are discussing whether to propose such a research group: https://listserv.netlab.nec.de/mailman/listinfo/eerg

Lars