Subject: [irtf-discuss] call for papers - IEEE "From Research to Standards" workshop

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:32:10 -0800

Hi, all,

I'm helping disseminate the following CFP for a "research to standards" 
workshop at IEEE ICC 2013 in Budapest, Hungary. This meeting is directly 
soliciting the participation of various standards community members, 
including the IETF and IRTF.

Last year I spoke on a panel contrasting the IEEE, ITU, and IETF/IRTF.

I hope this might be of interest to some people on this list, and 
encourage you to consider submitting a paper on your experiences.

If you have any questions on this, please let me know.

Thanks, and apologies for any diversion,

Joe

----------------------------------------------

                 CALL FOR PAPERS
        2nd IEEE Workshop On Telecommunications Standards
               “From Research to Standards”

            June 9-13, 2013, Budapest, Hungary
              Co-located with IEEE ICC 2013

                    http://www.research2standards.net/

Paper abstract deadline Jan 4, 2013
Paper submission deadline Jan 11, 2013

Building on the success of the first edition of the IEEE Workshop on
Telecommunications Standards: "From Research to Standards" (which won
the Best IEEE ComSoc Workshop Award at IEEE ICC 2012), we are happy to
announce the organization of its second edition in Budapest, Hungary,
collocated with IEEE ICC 2013.

The goal of this Workshop is to bridge the gap between researchers,
scientists, and standards experts in both academia and industry and to
promote standardization as an important vehicle for information sharing
and cooperation between academia and industry. An additional goal is to
   bring together experts from different standardization bodies,
providing opportunities for closer understanding and collaboration;
catalyzing development of more interoperable standards and more
efficient and effective communication systems.

The Workshop technical program will deliver high quality technical as
well as visionary papers that will be reviewed and selected by an
international program committee representing both academia and industry
with a strong standardization background. All submissions are required
to comply with ICC’s guidelines. Accepted papers will appear in IEEE
Xplore.

Looking forward your submissions to the 2nd IEEE Workshop on
Telecommunications Standards: "From Research to Standards".

Kind regards,

Workshop Official Website: http://www.research2standards.net

Workshop General Chair
• Dr. Tarik Taleb, NEC Europe, Germany
TPC co-Chairs
• Dr. Tuncer Baykas, Tohoku University, Japan
• Dr. Alex Reznik, InterDigital, USA
• Dr. Konstantinos Samdanis , NEC Europe, Germany
Publicity co-chairs
• Prof. Joe Touch, Univ. of Southern California, USA
• Dr. Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece

IMPORTANT DATES
PAPER REGISTRATION: Jan. 04, 2013 SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Jan. 11, 2013
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: Feb. 22, 2013 FINAL MANUSCRIPT: Mar. 08, 2013