Subject: [irtf-discuss] Applied Networking Research Prize 2014 presentation s at IETF-90

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:08:08 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2014 award period
of the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 46 eligible
nominations were received. Each submission was reviewed by four
members of the selection committee according to a diverse set of
criteria, including scientific excellence and substance, timeliness,
relevance, and potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, six submissions were awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize for 2014. Two prize winners will
present their work at IETF-90 in Toronto, Canada. The ANRP awards
for IETF-90 go to:

*** Misbah Uddin *** for developing matching and ranking for
network search queries to make operational data available in
real-time to management applications:

    Misbah Uddin, Rolf Stadler and Alexander Clemm. Scalable
    Matching and Ranking for Network Search. Proc. International
    Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM), Zürich,
    Switzerland, October 2013.

*** Robert Lychev *** for studying the security benefits provided
by partially-deployed S*BGP:

    Robert Lychev, Sharon Goldberg and Michael Schapira. BGP
    Security in Partial Deployment. Proc.ACM SIGCOMM, Hong Kong,
    China, August 2013.

Misbah and Robert have been invited to present his findings in the IRTF
Open Meeting during IETF-90 in Toronto, Canada. Join them there!

The call for ANRP nominations for the 2015 awards cycle is also now
open! Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            http://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         http://isoc.org/research

--

2014 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Olivier Bonaventure, UCL Louvain
Ross Callon, Juniper
KC Claffy, CAIDA
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Dan Massey, Colorado State
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Joe Touch, USC/ISI
Rolf Winter, Hochschule Augsburg
Yang Richard Yang, Yale
Lixia Zhang, UCLA