Subject: [irtf-discuss] Final Agenda for IRTF Open Meeting at IETF-90

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:56:16 +0000

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/agenda/agenda-90-irtfopen

Final Agenda
IRTF Open Meeting @ IETF-90
Toronto, Canada
TUESDAY, July 22, 2014
1420-1620 EDT  Tuesday Afternoon Session II

State of the IRTF
  Lars Eggert
  10 min

Applied Networking Prize (ANRP) Award Talk
  45 min

  *** Robert Lychev *** for studying the security benefits provided
  by partially-deployed S*BGP:

    Robert Lychev, Sharon Goldberg and Michael Schapira. BGP
    Security in Partial Deployment. Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, Hong Kong,
    China, August 2013.

    We use theoretical and experimental approach to study the security
    benefits provided by partially-deployed S*BGP, vis-a-vis those already
    provided by origin authentication. We find that S*BGP provides only
    meagre benefits over origin au- thentication when these popular policies
    are used.

  (Misbah Uddin will present at IETF-91 due to visa issues.)

Towards Quantum-Safe Cryptography
  Michele Mosca
  45 min

  Cryptographic tools, such as key establishment and signatures, are a
  fundamental part of the information security infrastructure. Quantum
  computers will eventually break most of the currently deployed public-key
  signature and key establishment tools. Are we ready? It is critical that
  robust implementations of quantum-safe alternatives to these tools are
  deployed before quantum computers break them. I will discuss the risk of
  this catastrophic event, the potential solutions, and the path to quantum-
  proofing the cryptographic infrastructure.