Subject: [irtf-discuss] Wanted: : home gateways/WLAN router

From: Rolf Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 03:56:12 +0200

Hi,

TL;DR: we are looking for old home gateways/WiFi routers for a study we 
are planning.

About 6 years ago, a group of research folks at the University of 
Helsinki and a few others have carried out an experimental study of home 
gateway behavior. There has been renewed interest in the behavior of 
home gateways and we are planning a new study. We therefore would like 
to ask you whether you have an old home gateway lying around that you 
could part with and send it to us for this purpose. The new home of the 
device will be the University of Applied Sciences Augsburg. All results 
of our study will be publicly available.

If you would like to contribute a device, please send me an Email 
off-list. Everybody who would like to suggest an experiment, please also 
let me know off-list. We will be collecting this information and have 
prepared a Google-Spreadsheet for this (see below). I can cover the cost 
for transportation but you have to send me an Email beforehand.

Please feel free to forward this Email as you see fit.

Thanks a lot,

Rolf

PS: we are aware of the fact that this Email is kind of “Spam”ish. We 
would like to apologize to the individuals who feel this Email is 
inappropriate.

PPS: since we do not have a DSLAM/MSAN or CMTS, the study will be 
restricted to measurements over WLAN and Ethernet.

PPPS: if you are coming to the IETF meeting in Berlin, we can do the 
hand-over of the devices there.

Link to the spreadsheet: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NvTm3XdeAatD6IVCybFxXNiWmvtiRP1iMl96eFSvMLU/edit?usp=sharing

Link to the study mentioned above: 
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/imc/2010/papers/p260.pdf