Subject: [irtf-discuss] Two-Factor Proof of Knowledge

From: Christian Liz-Fonts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:00:23 -0400

Hi I would like to get some input on a quantum resistant signature based
algorithm in which I tried to email out in which you will find the details
on below, open to discussion.

Most Quantum Resistant Algorithms are bound to be sluggish due to the
complex computations used.

With digital signature cryptography being my focus and implementation into
blockchain the goal I have though of a suitable alternative called
Two-Factor Proof of Knowledge.

Simple and to the point thus removing any sluggish behavior seen in other
alternatives, which sticks to the saying why fix something that is not
broken?

One could say that a simple equation such as x+y=z can be quantum resistant
depending on the values used, so if a sha-256 is used as a value the
equation above would be quantum resistant.

Now what would happen when a users communicated over a distributed network
as seen in a blockchain how can one prevent common attacks from taking
place in a third  party system?

The answer is Two-Factor Proof of Knowledge or Factorized Proof of
Knowledge as the more factors there are the more functionalities one can
see in the signature being used.

The equation used in Two-Factor Proof of Knowledge is

x+e=y
x+y=z

In where revealing x would be the last step, something that is tied to both
equations.

“Scroda busts the myth that public-key cryptography on the blockchain is
more secure” by Scroda https://link.medium.com/3AMqHv0rgW

Would love to get some input on the matter.