Subject: [irtf-discuss] IETF-111 Side Meeting : Routing research challenges arising from evolving beyond and revitalizing the Internet

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 17:35:35 +0100

Hi IRTF community,

We've put together a side meeting for IETF-111 to try to bring some
important research material to IETF participants who have not had the chance
to catch up with it. We hope this will seed discussion of what needs to be
researched in routing as the Internet evolves, and highlight how networking
research should be done.

Our agenda is:
1.	Introduction and opening remarks  : 5 minutes
2.	Revitalizing the Public Internet by Making it Extensible : Scott
Shenker (Berkeley) : 20 minutes
3.	The Evolution of the Interplanetary Internet : Scott Burleigh
(IPNSIG.org) : 20 minutes
4.	Routing on Multiple Optimality Criteria : João Sobrinho (University
of Lisbon) : 20 minutes
5.	Open discussion on "Routing research challenges arising from
evolving beyond and revitalizing the Internet" : 25 minutes

This picks up three recent pieces of work:
- https://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jrex/papers/ei21.pdf 
-
https://nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/keynotes/keynote-the-evolution-of-th
e-interplanetary-internet/
- https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3387514.3405864

This 90 minute side meeting can be seen on the IETF-111 wiki at
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/111sidemeetings. 
It will run on line on Wednesday 28th July at 10am PDT (17.00 UTC, 18.00
BST) using Webex via
https://htf-paris.my.webex.com/htf-paris.my-en/j.php?MTID=m9afa3695890745e76
7a666a27d6cd164
Everyone is welcome.

Follow-up discussions can happen on the SARAH mailing list
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SARAH&A=1

Best,
Adrian